Tuesday, February 21, 2012

LOST LOVE

Nothing is the same since you’re gone. I have no idea where you are, or why you completely disappeared from my life. The first time we met will be forever one of my fondest memories. One look at you and I knew that I had to have you; no matter what the cost. This was so unlike me, to stray from my sense of right and wrong, to do something I might regret. When we touched, I knew that we would be spending that very night together. You were “to die for,” and you made me feel beautiful every time we were together.

When I spoke to you in a soft whisper – you would always comply. Did I neglect you in some way? My life is now incomplete, my nights are spent lying awake wondering where you are and yearning to feel us locked in that most comfortable embrace. We fit like a hand in a glove. Has someone stolen you from me? It kills me not knowing.

I never stood taller or walked more proudly than when we were together. I keep your photo hidden in my closet for my eyes only. Please come back to me; you cannot be replaced.

I write this in my journal that I keep hidden from those who would not understand our special relationship. My husband must never know how I feel. He is such a wonderful and understanding person – but this, I can never share with him. This he would not understand.

This kind of love is forbidden; I know that. Some may consider it twisted or demented, but that matters not to me. I don’t expect others to understand, since my feelings must never be shared. I will today again try to make it through the day without you; my night will be as bare as each foot I try to put in front of the other. You are gone, I must accept it. As I go about my tasks today, there is little to do but try to occupy my mind with other things.

I will muster the strength to clean my guest room closet and put my mind as far away from you as possible. I will today begin the spring cleaning that I never finished, and ache from my loss.

I open the closet and begin sorting through items long forgotten, and begin to feel a rush of emotion. There, in the corner you sit all alone with nothing but a soft cloth as cover. I am in disbelief that you were this close to me all along. How did you get here? My heart begins to pound so loudly that I am afraid my neighbors will hear. All this time, I thought you were gone forever, yet you never really left me…I am giddy with sheer joy!


I reach out and touch you, stroke you and hold you in my arms. You are without a doubt, the most incredible, most beautiful 3 ½ inch peep-toe black pumps I have ever slid into. Welcome home, I will never let you out of my sight again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home